First Race

Once I joined the Racing Club I was sent a link for a members app and this is how most of the communication is done. I get regular updates about the horses and I've learnt that just because a horse is entered in a race doesn't mean they'll be in it. Bettatogether is a jumps horse who was entered in a couple of races over Christmas but didn't run in any. First of all, I think he had to be entered to get a rating and once he got the rating he wasn't eligible for any of the races he was entered as his rating was too high.

Bettatogether eventually did get into a race on New Years Day at Fairyhouse in a 2m race. I couldn't go but I watched it on tv. He was about 2/1 the day before but was up around 10s or 12s at the start. He was sat in third place most of the way round and jumped well but as soon as the real racing started he was left behind and was pulled up. The plan is to try him over fences at 3m.


Comments

Popular Posts